Saturday, February 23, 2008

thanks to other blogs

I want to say a note of thanks to other blogs I've read for getting me to think about how to improve my game. I read a lot of archives in the fall and tried to put things into practice. Particular things that helped

Idris's blog - posts on disc flight path control, isolating your throwing motion
Jim Parinella's - posts on decision making, risks, and handler mentality
Oshep's - posts on good pulls, throwing stances, defense
Aussie blogs - keeping me updated on the country I visited for far too short a time
Goody - giving me strategy tips for indoor, and showing me the glory of the blade and hammer
Many others I can't really remember right now

Hah, of course some people I play with would say these are terrible influences because now I throw tons of blades and hammers, and in unconventional situations (more on that later). But there were definitely points in the fall season where I would do something, say throw a flick while moving backwards or to the left, and it would be because of things I practiced from blog post ideas.


Now to those people - write more! I can't read archives all the time!

No comments: